top of page

Get a Mortgage For a Property With a Flood Risk

Only have one year of financial accounts? Borrow up to 6 times your income.

Check your eligibility in 2 minutes.

30 Years Experience
5 Star Google Review
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn

Featured on

Mortgage Introducer
Mortgage Strategy
Property Reporter
The Intermediary

We Specialise In Self-Employed Mortgages

Boost Your Borrowing

Boost Your Borrowing

Borrow up to 6 times your income with only one year's accounts. We have access to specialist income boosting lenders not available to the general public. 

Searching For a Solution?

No matter if you are a limited company director, sole trader, partner, freelancer, landlord; we have the right mortgage solution for you. 

Searching For a Solution?
Keep Money In The Bank

Keep Money In The Bank

You only need a 5% deposit (or equity if a remortgage). This will allow you keep back money for home improvements, debt consolidation, future purchases, etc. 

Self Employed Experts.

Unlike most mortgage lenders, our team understands financial accounts.

1             2             3

Latest Year Figures

Retained Profit

Gross Profit

If there is an upward trend in income across the last few years, it makes sense to your latest year only (instead of averaging).

If you decide to keep money in the business, this can still be used in the affordability calculation. 

Our lenders will consider using gross profit, instead of net profit, which will help to maximise your mortgage.

In this self-employed mortgage guide:

  • Is it possible to get a mortgage with only one year's accounts?

  • Which lenders will consider just one year's accounts?

  • What evidence do I need?

  • How much can I borrow?

Can you get a mortgage on a property in a flood zone?


For obvious reasons, lenders generally prefer properties with a low risk of flooding. Risk is often identified by the distance to a body of water (such as a river or a lake). Flooding is becoming a common occurrence in the UK so this continue to be an issue. 


Flood insurance 


If a lender is willing to accept your property, they may require flood insurance to be taken out. Clearly flooding may seriously damage the property (and therefore the value of the property), so insurance protects the lender and the borrower. 


Properties in high flood areas are more expensive to insure, so make sure you budget for this when purchasing a property. Our advisors will be able to help you find a suitable insurance product.

bottom of page